dreaming of warmer climates and an adventure of a lifetime?

Travel to Europe with one of our vans....

Here at CamperWay you can take any one of our vans to Europe. 

Explore the beautiful landscapes, visit famous monuments or indulge in fine wines and local cuisines, all from the comfort of your motorhome!!

This page is for guidance only and we strongly recommend doing your own research for the specific areas in which you plan on visiting as rules and
regulations vary. 

N.B. We charge a fee of £95 per week for EU travel and our mileage allowance of 1,000 miles per week, pro rata, still applies.

What we provide

  • Insurance for one designated driver
  • European breakdown cover
  • Motor insurance certificate
  • VE103 form (alternative to the vehicles V5)
  • UK sticker
  • Reflective jackets – one for each occupant
  • Warning triangle
  • Head lamp beam deflectors
  • First aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

Personal checklist

What not to bring

  • Meat or products containing meat 
  • Milk or dairy products 
  • Fresh fruit/vegetables/plants/plant products (unless you pay to have them inspected before you leave and get a ‘phytosanitary certificate’)
  • Radar detectors are illegal in France 
  • Sat nav and GPS systems that show where speed cameras are located are also illegal, so make sure this function is turned off. 

Things to consider

  • Tolls - Take plenty of change with you as you might have to pay motorway tolls at automated barriers. Alternatively, you can buy an Emovis tag which enables you to use the automated lanes without the hassle of manually paying with Euros. The fee is exactly the same but payment will automatically be taken from your chosen bank account in GBP. Calculate the cost of tolls here - https://www.tollsmart.com/european-toll-calculator/

  • Route planning - If you’ve never travelled in a campervan before, I would highly recommend that you don’t try to see the world in a short period of time.  Motorhomes are best suited to slow travel, allowing you to take the time to meander through countryside and towns long enough to absorb it.

  • Campsites/wild camping - There are various rules and regulations on wild camping. Conduct your research on specific areas that you plan on visiting.  

  • Speed limits - Just like the UK there are urban and rural roads that do not always feature continual signage. Speed limits will also vary depending on what type of vehicle you are driving and whether the road is dry or wet.

  • Parking rules - These vary depending on which country you are travelling to. Do some research on the parking regulations for where you are going.
  • Taking dogs abroad

    Many of us like to take our 4 legged friends along too. Your dog will need:
    • Microchip
    • Valid rabies vaccination 
    • Animal health certificate - obtain this from your vets. This appointment needs to be within 10 days of your travel date, and at least 21 days after your dog's rabies vaccination date
    •  Tapeworm treatment 
    When you arrive in the EU you’ll need to enter via a designated area where you may be asked to present your pet’s health certificate along with proof of their microchip, rabies vaccination, and tapeworm treatment.

    You will also need to visit a vet abroad before re-entering the UK - All dogs entering the UK need to have tapeworm treatment administered by a vet no less than 24 hours (1 day) and no more than 120 hours (5 days) before the dog's scheduled arrival time in the UK.